Darren is the school doctor of Wellston.
Dr. Darren is a middle-aged man with blue hair, amber eyes, and blue scruff on his chin and on the sides of his face. He is always seen with a lab coat on, wears a black shirt under his coat, and wears brown pants and black shoes.
Dr. Darren's speech and thought bubbles are usually in blue. When using his Nightmare ability or when angry, the text in his speech bubbles become bold and are in all caps. His eyes glow a bright yellow when using Nightmare.
Dr. Darren is an easily irritated person with a bit of a temper, especially towards the more troublemaking students. Because of this, he comes off as scary to most students. Despite this, he does care for the well-being of his patients.
It is implied that Darren initially became a school nurse in hopes of "no weekend work, easy hours, and low stress." He would be sorely mistaken.
Darren presumably treated most of John's injuries on the first day of school and has had to cure him every time he came into the infirmary since.
When he was first seen, Dr. Darren was reprimanding John for getting injured yet again and gave him a healing tonic that would heal John's broken arm. John tried to leave the infirmary, but the doctor knew better than to let John go out in his injured state and forced him to stay until his arm healed. Later, the doctor saw Seraphina come in and anticipated trouble, knowing that John and Seraphina are partners in crime, but let her in anyway. While John and Seraphina were hanging out in the back, Doctor Darren angrily left for reasons unknown, but not before warning John to stay put.
It turned out that Doctor Darren left the infirmary after hearing Blyke and Isen fighting and proceeded to drag them towards the infirmary. Dr. Darren then gave them a good scolding and threatened to send them to Keene. When the two started to argue again, he permanently broke up the fighting by bashing their heads together. As Doctor Darren started to mention that both Blyke and Isen would have to face the consequences, Gavin crawled into the infirmary, bleeding and injured. Furiously, Doctor Darren looked at the bed and realised that both Seraphina and John were missing.
Dr. Darren was one of the three groups of people interviewed by Isen, the others being Crail and Mardin and Gavin. When the Doctor was questioned about John, he angrily responded, "John? Who the f*ck is that?"
As news of Seraphina's absence spread, Doctor Darren made a bet with Keene to see how long John could go without being beaten up. Not even four hours after Seraphina left, John was already in the infirmary with a broken arm, ribs, and a black eye. Doctor Darren was in a good mood however as he won the bet. Fortunately for both John and the doctor, the tonics that Doctor Darren had been making could now heal injuries faster than ever before.
After John left, he was cornered by another group of students to be used as "target practice", but fortunately, Doctor Darren overheard this and intervened saying that he had a date that night and if anyone made him work overtime, they would be dead, including John.
By the time John returned to the infirmary with two broken ribs, a dislocated shoulder, and other minor injuries, the Doctor was reaching the end of his patience and told John that he should know how to avoid being bullied by now. After his lecture, Darren called his girlfriend Leilah and arranged a date with her for that Saturday. Upon hearing a loud slamming noise from the patient's room, the Doctor furiously ended his call. As an enraged John was going to walk out of the infirmary, he was forcefully stopped by the Doctor, who convinced him to stay in the infirmary.
After Arlo's defeat from John, Darren was in the infirmary, listening to Keene rant about his investigation. The two staff members got into a discussion regarding Leilah and the doctor revealed that his girlfriend Leilah was "a project manager," "really smart," "a high-tier," and "super hot;" the Doctor also said that he was going on a date with Leilah later that week.
However, the conversation was cut short as an injured Arlo walked in to get himself healed. While Darren was preparing a tonic for Arlo, After the Doctor sent Arlo off with a slow-working tonic, the two staff members wondered who could have injured the King that badly. Keene gusseded that John was the culprit, and while Darren initially disagreed, he realized that John had been acting irritable as of late. Darren then suggested to Keene that they should report what they witnessed to Headmaster Vaughn.
One Saturday, the resting Doctor received a call from Arlo’s phone, but immediately hung up. When he received a call from the same caller again, the Doctor angrily answered the phone...only to hear from John that he had no idea what was a going on. After some unintelligible mutterings from the Doctor, he agreed to meet John and Seraphina that morning. After performing some check-ups on the school’s Ace, the Doctor confirmed that Seraphina’s bodily systems were perfectly normal, save for her ability being gone. He promised to get back to the duo after he gets the test results and advised them to keep quiet about the situation.
Powers and Abilities Edit
Darren is skilled with medicine as shown by how he made a concoction that can heal a broken arm in three hours. He is also strong enough to make the foreheads of two people bleed by simply bashing them together.
Nightmare: Dr. Darren possesses the ability Nightmare which surrounds him with a black mist with red eyes. He uses this ability to intimidate students and is one of the scariest people in Wellston.
- (To John after John broke his arm) "How many times do I have to tell you to watch yourself? DO YOU REALLY HAVE TO DIE BEFORE YOU UNDERSTAND?"
- (Answering Isen's question about John) "JOHN? WHO THE F*CK IS THAT?"
- (To John regarding his healing tonics) "THANKS TO A CERTAIN SOMEONE I GET TO PRACTICE MAKING THEM. EVERY. SINGLE. DAY."
- (To Students who are bullying John) "I just want everyone to know that I have a date tonight. And if anyone makes me work overtime, I'll kill him." 
- (On Keene stating that an apple a day keeps the doctor away) "Then why the hell are you always in my office?!" 
- (To John's call about Seraphina's injury) "AKSHJFLSKAJF" 
- (Someone crashing through the ceiling) "I need a new job."
- John: Due to John's constant injuries, it is Darren's job to heal the "cripple" as has done so for over a year. While John serves as a source of irritation for him, Darren appears to legitimately care for him and knows that John is not a cripple.
- Keene: Keene, the Head of Security, appears to be a good friend of the Doctor and is another staff member of Wellston Private High School. Sometimes, the Doctor likes to makes bets with him about the students.
- Leilah: Leilah is Darren's girlfriend. He holds her in high regard and claims that she's "super hot, really smart, and powerful." As of Chapter 59, the couple has only been on three dates.
Notes & Trivia Edit
- Doctor Darren is dating someone named Leilah.
- Like the other staff members, Doctor Darren knows about John's past.
- Doctor Darren's ability doesn't seem to work on John.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Chapter 76
- ↑ Chapter 6
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Chapter 25
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Chapter 29
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 Chapter 32
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Chapter 59
- ↑ Chapter 67
- ↑ Bonus Episode
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 Chapter 4
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 10.2 Chapter 30
- ↑ Chapter 67
- ↑ Chapter 76