Barrier is a very powerful ability that allows its user to generate near impenetrable force fields.
The Barriers this ability are named after are one of the most defensively powerful abilities as well as one of the most surprising. With the element of surprise and defence, users of this ability often have the advantage in fights.
- Force Field: The main ability, allowing users to instantly create dome-shaped Barriers (after which the ability is named). They are translucent but tinged with the user's signature colour. These can be used to either block attacks or trap opponents.
- Damage Reflection: The primary offensive capability of this ability. Barriers cause attackers to take reflective damage by injuring them proportionate to how much force they hit a Barrier with.
- Invincibility: In high-tiers, Barrier manifests passively by giving high-tiers physical invulnerability. Not only can Arlo shake off a punch straight to the face, but he apparently feels no pain. John has commented that Arlo's jaw feels like steel.
- Barrier Immunity: Users of this ability can also walk through the barriers as if they were intangible.
- Enhanced Strength: Arlo has shown that his physical strength is considerably higher than normal, and was capable of overpowering Isen, who is capable of stopping a semi-truck with his bare hands, without breaking a sweat. Uru-chan has stated in her fireside chat that Arlo is capable of withstanding a blow from a massive moving vehicle.
Strengths and WeaknessesEdit
The Barrier ability is the pinnacle of defensive abilities in unORDINARY as it is nigh unbreakable and can cause damage without the user having to physically do anything. Thanks to the versatility of Barrier, users can not only defend themselves and inflict damage by reflecting attacks, but users can also trap their opponents in nigh unbreakable force-fields and can resize said force-fields at will.
However, these Barriers are not unbreakable and breaking a Barrier can injure the user. It also should be noted that a user can safely break another user's Barrier by blocking all reflective damage as shown when John broke Arlo's Barrier..