Ability Mimicry, or possibly Ability Learning, is the ability to copy other abilities and to enhance their capabilities.
As its name suggests, Ability Mimicry grants the user to copy and use others' abilities, as well as combine multiple abilities to unlock new uses and attacks.
All abilities copied appear to have the same effects as the original ability, but in the user's signature colours.
- Ability Replication: Users of Ability Mimicry are capable of copying another ability and use all techniques associated with said ability. If the ability has a passive effect, it seems to be replicated as well.
- Multi-Power Usage: Whenever users of Ability Mimicry copy multiple abilities, they are capable of using them simultaneously.
- Ability Combining: Users of Ability Mimicry can combine multiple abilities to make a stronger one, as seen with John combining Meili's Demon Claw with Ventus's Whirlwind to create "Blades of Wind"
- Aura Reading: John has displayed that he can detect and read the intensity of auras given off by other abilities.
Strengths and Limitations Edit
Unlike most abilities, which already have set strengths and weaknesses, the strengths and weaknesses of Ability Mimicry vary wildly; whenever an Ability Mimicry user copies an ability, they gain all the advantages of the copied ability. The user is not limited to copying only one ability, however John has been shown to use at least three abilities at once. Because of this versatility, users of Ability Mimicry can easily compensate for a weakness of one ability with the strengths of another ability. It also should be noted that a user can alter their stats depending on what ability is copied while the trick stat remains the same.
Exactly, how an ability is copied is unknown, though Arlo has surmised that a user has to see the ability active in order to use it. The limitations of this ability are largely unknown: if the new abilities copied are permanent, how many can be used at the same time, and the strength of the copied abilities. Also, it is not clear, if ability grants any benefits on its own, e.g. if fighting with people who doesn't use abilities.
Notes & TriviaEdit
- Ability Mimicry is the first meta-ability (an ability that manipulates or affects other abilities directly).